Monday 10 February 2014

Getting set to P.A.R.T.Y!

January and February are always busy for our family because there are so many birthday's.In January we celebrated Malcolm's brother Tony's birthday and his Mum's birthday as well as my Gran's and now in February it's Malcolm's birthday (on Wednesday) and Petal's birthday (on Saturday). Can't believe my baby's turning 2 already, I know it's a cliché but the time really has flown by and I guess like most Mummy's can relate to it feels a little bittersweet.

After work today I went into the card shop to buy some cards and on the till was a little dog holding a heart in its mouth that I brought for the other kids to give to Petal for her birthday, at Flower's request. Quite fitting really as she spends most of her time not as a toddler but as Max ( Malcolm's Mum's Yorkshire terrier).

Not sure what we are going to give her this year? all the kids are given and have so much ( I guess that what happens when your kids are the only grandchildren, great-grandchildren and nieces and nephews on both sides of the family). I had a phone call from my Mum at the weekend asking what Petal would like for her birthday and I think I quite undiplomatically begged her not to buy anything too big. She suggested buying her some clothes which sounded like a good idea to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment