Saturday 8 February 2014

A place to start.

This afternoon whilst the girls were playing with their home-made playdough, I was thinking about how to put my green challenge that I posted about this morning into action and it got me thinking that I had a book somewhere on tips and products on how to live a greener lifestyle.


I had brought the book when Petal was probably 3 or 4 months old because I passed it in the local pound shop when I was looking for something else and thought it looked like an interesting read and I think when I got home I skimmed through a couple of the pages and then left it to sit on the bookshelf.


So, with the girls preoccupied in their activity this afternoon I made myself a cup of tea and started reading it. To be honest some of things that I read about disposable nappies and the contents of the  products that you put on your family skin and use around the home really made me wish that I had read the book 2 years ago.


Near the end of the book is a section for healthy snacks  for toddlers and one of the recipes is for apple crisps. Very simple just cut the apple into thin slices of apple rings place under  a hot grill, crisp and sprinkle cinnamon (in our case nutmeg as we are out of cinnamon) which I made for a evening snack. It was eaten before I could take any picture but according to the young critics of the house it was yummy and tasted of apple pie! Sounds like it could be a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment